Founded in 1913 by Samuel A. Rose and Thomas J. McNally to meet the mining needs of Southeast Kansas. In 1914, the store became General Machinery & Supply Incorporated and was located at 710 North Broadway in Pittsburg, Kansas.
From 1916 - 1963 the store was located at 202 North Broadway in Pittsburg. On March 29, 1963, General Machinery was destroyed by a fire. The cause was not determined. In 1964 they rebuilt at 510-512 North Elm Street in Pittsburg where the store is currently operating today.