top of page

Our

STORY

1913

Founded by Samuel A. Rose and Thomas J. McNally to meet the mining needs of southeast Kansas. 

1914

Located at 710 North Broadway Street in Pittsburg, Kansas. We became General Machinery & Supply CO. Incorporated. 

Current Offices:

     Samuel A. Rose - President

     Thomas J. McNally - Vice President

     J. F. Dowis Jr. - Secretary

     Clifford W. Waterman - Treasurer & Manager

1916

Located at 202 North Broadway Street in Pittsburg, Kansas. 

Current Offices:

     Samuel A. Rose - President

     Thomas J. McNally - Vice President

     D. Wenslow Jones - Secretary

     Walter P. Marshall - Treasurer & Manager

1925

Current Offices:

     Samuel A. Rose - President

     Thomas J. McNally - Vice President

     D. Wenslow Jones - Secretary

     Walter P. Marshall - Treasurer

     Arthur F. Miller - Manager

1938

Current Offices:

     Dilbert P. Rose - President

     Thomas J. McNally - Vice President

     Webster A. Thomas - Secretary & Treasurer 

1949

Current Offices:

     Dilbert P. Rose - President

     Thomas J. McNally - Vice President

     Lester H. Rose - Secretary & Treasurer 

1963

On March 29, General Machinery was destroyed by a fire, the cause was not determined. The blaze was located in a storage area at the back of the building. This area was used to store electric motors, hose, and other items. 

1964

General Machinery was rebuilt at 510 - 512 N Elm Street in Pittsburg, Kansas. 

Current Offices:

     Dilbert P. Rose - President

     Edward T. McNally - Vice President

     Lester H. Rose - Secretary & Treasurer 

2023

Fastener Supply  purchased General Machinery in August, 2023.  General Machinery continues to operate under the GM brand as a branch location of Fastener Supply.  The acquisition allows General Machinery to continue its retail store brand while adding wholesale fastener sales to OEM's.

bottom of page